Travel with us! From Antananarivo to Anjajavy, the “Rainforest and Relais Chateaux” trip is an extraordinary 10 days tour.
DAY 1: TONGASOA
Tongasoa is the Malagasy word for welcome! As you have now arrived in Antananarivo from your international flight, we will already be at the airport to welcome you. Then, will transfer to your hotel, where you will stay overnight. We are so happy you made it!
DAY 2: ANTANANARIVO – ANDASIBE
We hope you will wake up refreshed! It’s now time to get ready for your first taste of Madagascar!
After breakfast, we are planning to go to Andasibe, 140km away from Antananarivo. This amazing 3hr drive across a myriad of villages will give you the opportunity to get acquainted with the traditional lifestyle of the Malagasy people. With pretty golden grasslands on the background, you will delight the abundant rice paddies, chimneyless long clay red houses and millions of roadside markets displaying a variety of handicrafts, fruit and meal.
Do you like reptiles and chameleons? They are so stunning and beautiful! Keep your camera close because before joining your hotel for dinner, we will visit the Peyrieras farm, where reptiles and chameleons are easily seen. You will arrive in Andasibe in the afternoon and get settled at the hotel where you will stay overnight.
DAY 3 & 4: ANDASIBE
To give you some other highlights to share with your friends and family, we will spend two whole days devoted to discover Andasibe parks and reserves. This humid forest is really unique. Gosh! It is clearly one of the most impressive and the richest areas in terms of biodiversity. During our two days in Andasibe, we will stroll in:
• The Special Reserve of Indri Indri. A 3 to 4 hour walk to observe the biggest species of living lemur, the awesome Indri-Indri. Besides, we will also encounter Madagascar’s mamals by bringing some endemic species of lemurs to light, such as the “Eulemur fulvus” and “Hapalemur griseus”. Few colorful birds’ species can be seen.
• The Mantadia National Park. This park is at 1hr 30 drive from Andasibe Village, located in the territory of the « Diademed sifaka », which is one of the most beautiful lemurs of Madagascar.
• VOIMMA Park. This park is special because it is run by the village community. This park is well-known for its nocturnal species of lemurs and chameleons. Did we ever mention night walks? Prepare your comfy shoes, jacket, and your camera: it is here that late-night strolls are carried out.
• Islets of lemurs. Inside the private reserve of Vakona Forest Lodge, the lemurs live in relative freedom. Four species of lemurs evolve there: the “Ruffed Lemur”, the “Ring tailed lemur”, and the“Hapalemur”.
These forests are located at an altitude of 900-1,250 metres and trade winds blow permanently on its Eastern part. Do you want a glance of what’s happening there?
Briefly, we can mention that: 108 species of birds can be found in the park, and some of them, like the Terpsiphone mutata, contribute to some plants’ survival. There are also 14 species of lemurs, 51 species of Boa reptiles including the famous Boa “manditra”, and 84 species of amphibians.
Don’t be afraid, our tour guide is there to give you safety recommendations! In terms of flora, creepers and epiphytes such as orchids, mosses and ferns are now calling these forests, “home”.
During these two days, dinner will be served at your hotel where you will stay overnight. Take your time to appreciate the taste of Madagascar on the delicate roof of your mouth!
Note for orchid lovers: We can find more than one hundred listed species of orchids in the Andasibe National Park.
DAY 5: ANDASIBE – ANTANANARIVO
Wow! These first four days were just awesome! We are so stocked you are here! By the way, how was your night?
Today, we will have a last visit in Andasibe rainforest. Then we will have a 3hr drive to hit the 140 km road towards Antananarivo. Use this time to contemplate the diversity of Malagasy typical landscape. Listen to your favourite songs. What was your best memory so far?
We will arrive at your hotel in late afternoon. Refresh yourself. Have rest. Get settled at the hotel, where you will stay overnight.
DAY 6: ANTANANARIVO – ANJAJAVY
It’s time to wake up friends! Today, we have an early breakfast and a transfer to the airport for the flight to Anjajavy. No stress! Just get your adventurous soul ready! The supremum four stars Anjajavy – Relais and Chateaux **** – property located in the west coast, is waiting for us!
Anjajavy is laid along the Mozambique Channel, in a rich and exceptional environment. During your stay, you will have the opportunity to discover its gorgeous reserve, with its lemurs and flora. You will also visit local villages, perfectly reflecting the diversity of Malagasy nature. We can get to this place only by plane.
There, you will delight in ultimate luxury, isolation and unspoiled nature while enjoying one of the finest hotel of the Red Island.
Lunch, dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
DAY 7, DAY 8 & 9: ANJAVAVY
Youpee! Today we are so “three free”! Three free days at leisure on the beach. Explore Anjajavy. Deserted beautiful beaches. Wild creeks. You and your sunglasses are out today! How about a selfie?
Don’t worry about what you’ll have for lunch or dinner, they will be dished up at your hotel, where you will stay overnight. For now, it is time to relax. Enjoy holidays.
DAY 10: ANTANANARIVO
You will notice that time is going by so quickly when you really make the most of it. Today you are heading back home. You are now about to catch your flight back to Antananarivo, then get a transfer on the international return flight. Wherever you go, we hope you will come back soon.
We are so happy you made it ‘til the end! Good news: what you’ve come to read is just a tiny part of what you can truly feel and taste in Madagascar. We are used to say that these are just words, but still you are the only one who can make them come true by coming here. As a receptive tour operator, we will be there for you. Please, feel free to send us questions or feedbacks. We truly want to encounter Madagascar with you!
[Find here all information you need about the “Rainforest and Relais Chateaux” Tour]
|Day||Location||Superior Hotel||Standard Hotel|
|D1||ANTANANARIVO||PALISSANDRE HOTEL||CHALET DES ROSES|
|D2||ANTANANARIVO – ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D3||ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D4||ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D5||ANDASIBE – ANTANANARIVO||PALISSANDRE HOTEL & SPA||CHALET DES ROSES|
|D6||ANTANANARIVO – ANJAJAVY||ANJAJAVY HOTEL||ANJAJAVY HOTEL|
|D7||ANJAJAVY||ANJAJAVY HOTEL||ANJAJAVY HOTEL|
|D8||ANJAJAVY||ANJAJAVY HOTEL||ANJAJAVY HOTEL|
|D9||ANJAJAVY||ANJAJAVY HOTEL||ANJAJAVY HOTEL|
|D10||ANJAJAVY – ANTANANARIVO|
- The trip will be done with a 4WD vehicle. It is the best means of transportation to travel through Madagascar.
- You will be accompanied by a driver/guide
- Starting from 05pax, a tour guide will be included from day 1 to day 6 and on day 10
- This trip can be done from April to December
- Anjajavy Hotel can be closed from the end of January to the end of March for maintenance
- Luggage limit: 20 Kg per person (soft bags) without the possibility of overloading unless agreed at time of booking. The total size of each bag must not exceed 140 linear cm (height + width + depth).
- For security reasons, persons over 80 kg must be reported to the reservation.
- Our time schedules are indicatives and could be changed without notice. We can organize private charters from/to Anjajavy and from most airports of Madagascar.
TUESDAY – THURSDAY – SATURDAY
- Air transfers are subject to the conditions and limitations of responsibilities of the airline company MTA www.mta.mg
Activities included in Anjajavy
- Catamaran (accompanied)
- Kayak on the sea or in the mangrove, windsurfing
- Swimming pool, petanque, beach volley, badminton
- Visit of local villages (a 10€ per person donation to EDM NGO would be much appreciated)
- Excursions and strolls in the forest (with or without guide), cave visits, birdwatching
- Nocturnal walk
- 4WD vehicle rent from Antananarivo to Antananarivo, Day 2 to Day 5 with fuel and a driver/guide
- 4WD vehicle in Tana on Day 10
- Starting from 05pax, a tour guide will be included from day 1 to day 6 and on day 10
- Round trip flights Antananarivo – Anjajavy – Antananarivo
- Accommodation on a double or single basis
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners depending on the pension chosen above
- Entrance and guiding fees in the following parks and reserves: Peyrieras and Andasibe
- Welcomes and transfers as programmed
- Activities as mentioned above in Anjajavy
- Visits mentioned
- Tourist taxes
- International flights and airport taxes
- Free activities
- Lunches in Antananarivo and Andasibe
- Dinners in Antananarivo
- Drinks, tips and extras
- Multirisk and personal insurances
- « Possibility to » visits and those which are not mentioned in the program