We want you to travel more, discover more of this amazing world! Don’t daydream about what you could do. Travel with us! From Antananarivo to Andasibe, then Andasibe to the Masoala Rainforest, what you are about to live is an extraordinary 10 days tour.
DAY 1: MADAGASIKARA
Tongasoa aty Madagasikara! Dear friends, welcome in Madagascar! How was your international flight to Antananarivo? As promised we will be at the airport to welcome and transfer you your hotel, where you will stay overnight. Once there, refresh yourself. Look by the window, you made it! Have a break, tomorrow we are leaving the capital city to join Andasibe.
DAY 2: ANTANANARIVO – ANDASIBE
This roof you see while you awake is the proof you are not in your home bed. THIS is the start of your journey in Madagascar.
Awake reckless spirit! Today, after breakfast, you will leave Antananarivo to go to Andasibe. During this 3hr drive, you cross a myriad of villages and get acquainted with the traditional lifestyle of the Malagasy people. 140km to enjoy pretty golden grasslands, amazingly abundant rice paddies, chimneyless long clay red houses and millions of roadside markets displaying a variety of colourful and gorgeous handicrafts, fruits and florists
On the way, you will visit the Peyrieras farm which is a small private reserve (or zoo) in Marozevo. You will love it. Prepare your camera, you are about to see various chameleons, iguanas, geckos, frogs, bats, and butterflies!
You will arrive at your hotel in Andasibe in the afternoon. Start writing your highlights down. Enjoy the view. Discover the beauty of your hotel (where you will stay overnight) before dinner!
DAY 3 & 4: ANDASIBE
You will be so thrilled to wake up this morning! No stress. Put on your snug shoes, bring your bottle of water and your hat. Our tour guide is well-prepared to lead you on this two whole days devoted to discovering Andasibe parks and reserves.
Today, you will encounter Madagascar through its fauna and flora. Located at an altitude of 900-1,250 metres, the humid forest of Andasibe is one of the most beautiful and the richest areas in terms of biodiversity. We will so visit:
• The Special Reserve of Indri Indri. Taking advantage of our 3 h to 4 h stroll, we will observe the biggest species of lemur: the well-known, “Indri-Indri”. More surprises on the way as other endemic species of brown and grey lemurs will join us. These are the “Eulemur fulvus” and the “Hapalemur griseus. What about looking at a few birds’ species?
• The Mantadia National Park. This park is based at 1h30 drive from Andasibe Village. It is the territory of the « Diademed sifaka », one of the most beautiful lemurs of Madagascar.
• The Islets of lemurs is the private reserve of Vakona Forest Lodge. Placed on islets, lemurs are living in a relative freedom. We will meet 4 species of lemurs there: Ruffed Lemur, Ring tailed lemur, Hapalemur.
• Bring your jacket, tonight we are out! The VOIMMA Park, full of nocturnal species of lemurs and chameleons, is run by the village community. This evening will delight in late-night strolls.
Truly, it is a wonderful tour!
The forest of Andasibe is used as a shelter for many animals, ensuring their preservation. Up to now, scientists have listed 14 species of lemurs, 51 species of Boa reptiles (including the famous Boa “manditra”), 84 species of amphibians and 108 listed species of birds that can be found in the park. The fantastic “Terpsiphone mutata”, for example, contributes to some plants’ survival. They are living in harmony among creepers and epiphytes such as orchids, mosses and ferns. If you are an orchid lover, please note that you can find more than one hundred listed varieties of orchids there!
During these 2 days, dinners will be served at your hotel, where you will enjoy your overnights stay. What are your best memories so far?
DAY 5: ANDASIBE – ANTANANARIVO
How were these 2 days of pleasure? To give you a last sweet taste of Andasibe, we will have a last visit of its rainforest, after breakfast. Then, you will enjoy a 3hr drive hitting the 140km road towards Antananarivo. Get your “wow” moments on the way, this road is filled with typical malagasy landscapes for you to contemplate.
In the late afternoon, we will arrive in your hotel at Antananarivo. Get settled there for your overnight stay.
DAY 6: ANTANANARIVO – MAROANTSETRA – MASOALA
Maroantsetra is located in the northern end of the Antongil Bay, in the north east coast of Madagascar. This beautiful place holds an A-1 point of biodiversity: the Masoala peninsula, a natural sanctuary.
We are going there today! So, depending on the flight schedule, we will proceed to your transfer to the airport and flight to Maroantsetra. Once there, you will be welcomed and transferred to the boat, for your 2hr journey to Masoala Forest Lodge, where an amazing lunch is waiting for you.
In the afternoon, enjoy exploring the beaches. Swim in the sea before going for a walk along the coast past Tampolo point. Marvel yourself after the wonderful view. Before dinner, gratify your body with a fresh shower time. Delight the taste of Madagascar in your plate before going to bed.
During the following days, Day 7 and Day 8: Lunch, dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
DAY 7: MASOALA – PART I
Smile, you are now waking up in Masoala, one of the last great natural and wild areas of Madagascar!
After an early breakfast, enjoy a walk down to the coast, and up into the primary rainforest to look for the Red-ruffled lemurs, dwarf chameleons and other endemic wildlife species. You will get back to the camp by boat before lunch. Yeah! Spare afternoon. What about going snorkeling on the nearby coral reefs? Or having a guided sea kayaking? Say yes please! You won’t regret it!
DAY 8: MASOALA- PART II
Did you enjoy yesterday’s spare afternoon? It’s time to entertain your body with delicate treats! Put on your comfy shoes. Bring your swimsuit, hat and sunglasses!
Today, after having breakfast, our tour guide will take you out for a walk through the coastal forest. You will enjoy swimming in the crystal clear water of Tampolo River after a two-hour walk.
Then, we will return to the camp on a traditional canoe before lunch. It’s time for tender moment of ecstasy: enjoy relaxing on the beach, swimming in the sea or snorkeling on the coral reefs.
DAY 9: MASOALA- MAROANTSATRA – ANTANANARIVO
Have you ever dreamt to be alone in the middle of nowhere? It’s time to keep your highlights close. What do you expect from this trip? You won’t be disappointed.
Board the boat for the transfer to Nosy Mangabe Island. Admire the ocean all around: it is blue as the color of the sky. You are on our way to explore the island with your guide, in search of Black and white-ruffed and White-fronted brown lemurs, intriguing leaf-tailed geckos…
After visiting this island, you will have a transfer by boat to Maroantsetra, then by car to the airport for the flight to Antananarivo where you will be warmly welcomed. Get transferred to your hotel where you will stay overnight. When you will have your quiet time, close your eyes. Take a deep breath. You are now in Madagascar, and everything you saw was authentic reality!
DAY 10: ANTANANARIVO
Today, we are driving you to the airport for the international return flight. We hope you kept the best memories of Madagascar. During your night on board, everything you will see while your eyes are close will be a great mix of daydreams and real wildlife experience. And on your arrival the following day, you will be able to relate to your memories to share a beautiful glimpse of your trip to your family and friends!
[Find here all information you need about the “Andasibe to Masoala Rainforest” Tour]
|Day||Location||Superior Hotel||Standard Hotel|
|D1||ANTANANARIVO||PALISSANDRE HOTEL||CHALET DES ROSES|
|D2||ANTANANARIVO – ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D3||ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D4||ANDASIBE||VAKONA FOREST LODGE||FEON’NY ALA|
|D5||ANDASIBE – ANTANANARIVO||LOKANGA HOTEL||CHALET DES ROSES|
|D6||ANTANANARIVO – MAROANTSETRA – MASOALA||MASOALA FOREST LODGE||TAMPOLODGE|
|D7||MASOALA||MASOALA FOREST LODGE||TAMPOLODGE|
|D8||MASOALA||MASOALA FOREST LODGE||TAMPOLODGE|
|D9||MASOALA – MAROANTSETRA – ANATANANARIVO||PALISSANDRE HOTEL||CHALET DES ROSES|
- Supplement for a tour guide in Maroantsetra (from Day 6 to Day 9) : 678 € (optional)
- Supplement for domestic flights : 478 € / pax (subject to change)
- The trip from Day 2 to Day 5 will be done with a 4WD vehicle. It is the best transportation to travel through Madagascar.
- You will be accompanied by a driver/guide from day 1 to day 5
- Starting from 05pax, a tour guide will be included from day 1 to day 5
- The Masoala Forest Lodge is closed from 06/01/16 to 30/04/16.
- Guests should be prepared for the boat trips and forest walks with both sun and rain protective gear and suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
- Guests should bring with them a personal flashlight suitable for use in the lodge area and for night walks.
- Electricity is provided by solar energy with a back-up generator.
- Video and camera batteries as well as laptops can be loaded in the lodge.
- Purified rain water is provided for drinking.
- 4WD vehicle rent from Antananarivo to Antananarivo, Day 2 to Day 5 with fuel and a driver/guide
- 4WD vehicle in Tana on Day 10
- Starting from 05 pax, a tour guide will be included from day 1 to day 5
- Accommodation on a double or single basis
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners depending on the accommodation chosen above
- Entrance and guiding fees in the following parks and reserves: Peyrieras, Andasibe and Masoala
- Welcomes and transfers as programmed
- Activities as mentioned above in Masoala Forest Lodge
- Mentioned visits
- Tourist taxes
- Flights and airport taxes
- Supplement for a tour guide in Maroantsetra (from Day 6 to Day 9) : 678 € (optional)
- Free activities
- Lunches in Antananarivo and Andasibe
- Dinners in Antananarivo
- Drinks, tips and extras
- Multirisk and personal insurances
- « Possibility to » visits and those which are not mentioned in the program