You can get to Madagascar from all over the world. Planes are the main transportation as Madagascar is an island. Nevertheless, most of the cruises which go across the Indian Ocean have Madagascar in their itinerary.
From the all the Europeans countries: there are no direct flights to Madagascar, but
- Kenya Airways flies from all the main European capital cities to Nairobi then to Antananarivo
- Air France flies from all the main European capital cities to Paris ( every day’s flight ) then to Antananarivo
- Turkish Airlines flies from all the main European capital cities to Istanbul, Mauritius then to Antananarivo
- Air Madagascar (www.airmadagascar.com) directly flies between Paris and Antananarivo almost every day; taking 10 ½ hours.
- TUI Airways fly from more than 21 UK airports, direct to over 70 worldwide destinations, including Mauritius (MRU) airport.
From the US
- South African Airways, KLM, Air France and Delta offer indirect flights to Madagascar from New York and Chicago.
- Delta, KLM and Air France indirectly fly to Madagascar from San Francisco, Atlanta, Boston, Minneapolis and Detroit.
- Air France, KLM and Thai Airways indirectly fly to Madagascar from Los Angeles.
- Air France, South African Airways and KLM offer indirect flights to Madagascar from Washington.
- KLM and Delta indirectly fly to Madagascar from Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and Seattle.